Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Grape Watercolor Painting Completed by Deborah Boyet Artist

Wild Grapes I
12 x 16 Watercolor
Original and Giclee' (edition 150)
Original & Giclee'

I have added some green to a few of the grapes, deepened some shadows and added a strong magenta in some of the grapes shadows to add vibrancy. I painted over two of the large stems and finished the details on the others. The grapes breaking the border were completed with less vibrancy, and detail, yet they add a nice balance to the border breaks.

This kind of painting looks wonderful with a mat and frame. The right mats will bring out the color and enhance the areas that break the borders.

Please visit my website, my blog, and my AIG and DPIAG galleries for other available works.

There is a definite change in the weather. The days are growing shorter, and one of my favorite seasons is fast approaching. I love the feel of the nip in the early air and the warmth the sun brings in the afternoons. The leaves begin to change and fall, and the birds in my yard are quick to eat up the seed. I leave in a week for New England for my annual Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire trip my husband plans for us. I am so excited, and hope I catch the peak of the leaves, and that they are beautiful this year. I will start looking tonight at the foliage forecasts and keep my fingers crossed. Being a photography buff, I have gotten some of the most beautiful shots in that corner of the U.S. I have so much to look forward to and be thankful for. As always thanks for stopping by and enjoy your journey, my friend!

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by