Thursday, September 9, 2010

Completed Studio and Trip Home

It has been quite a while since I have posted!  I took a long break for necessary personal events.  I was blessed with a long trip home (St. Louis Mo) to visit my family, daughter, granddaughter, and my son who was visiting from Fort Hood in Texas.  He is headed back for his second tour in Iraq this month and I am proud to be an "Army mom"!  I won't bore you with all the details, but I will say that my daughter is still beautiful and has an especially beautiful, smart baby, and my son is working hard to keep all of us safe and free.  I am proud of them both!
While I was gone the tile work was completed in my studio!  Woohoo!!!  I have been busy moving and organizing all my art stuff.  I still need to move my chair and coffee table in, get closet doors, and the stained glass entrance door is incomplete, but my pooches and I are loving our new space!  They make good use of their doggie door and catch a few early morning rays on the steps outside the door every morning.  I am enjoying it when possible and hope to be back to painting every day next week.
I am in the planning stages of a series of bird and butterfly paintings.  Photoshop is in overtime use and I have stayed up late most nights trying to get my series laid out.  I still draw thumbnails, but most of my ideas are just as easy worked out in CS3, so I tend to use it more and more these days.
I hope everyone enjoyed the Labor Day weekend and stayed safe.
God bless us all and our nation!
D
"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.  I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him."  ~Abraham Lincoln

        Miles takes on Phil the Gorilla at the St. Louis Zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by