Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Still Life Oil Painting by Deborah Boyet Artist

Found Treasure
11 x 14 Oil on Canvas
$325
I love old tea cups and small plates, and collect them to use in my still life paintings. This is one of my favorite blue & white cups. It has a small crack in it, and I chose to portray that slight imperfection. There is a hidden meaning behind this, as I want the viewer to see the beauty of the cup in the simple set-up, and then with closer inspection realize it has a blemish. Yet that doesn't change the beauty of this old, once treasured item. I found this cup in an antique store, sitting on the back of a dusty shelf in a stack of mismatched cups and saucers. Once discarded, it is now a treasured item in my collection.
Please view other works for sale on my website, my blog, and my galleries at AIG or DPIAG.
As the days grow shorter, and mother nature gives us a reprieve from the long hot summer, I hope you take time to stop and look closely at the world around you, and as always, enjoy your journey in life my friend.
"Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves ~ slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future." ~Thich Nat Hahn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by