Monday, October 4, 2010

Bluebird Watercolor Painting Work In Progress by Deborah Boyet Artist

Work in Progress
6x10 Watercolor

This is another watercolor board, and I am really loving these boards! They are receptive, and to me, are so similar to regular watercolor paper, yet none of the stretching, or buckling, and struggles of regular paper, and they are resonably priced too.

Bluebirds are so soft, and sweet feeling, and this guy is no exception. He almost looks as if he is saying grace before he partakes of his meal.

The berries are only based in at this point, and the tree branches have begun to show some detail. The bird is in the final stages, but will remain unfinished until I complete the rest of the painting. At that point I can choose what I want to emphasize, how much brighter I want the white of his chest to be, and if any more detail will be added to the feathers, especially around his head area. I love the strong contrast of the blue and orange, but will have to bring some of the orange into the bird to anchor him, and keep the berries from overtaking the painting. As I develop them, I will choose how to make them become a pathway in the painting, to keep the viewer in place. This is a fairly simple painting, yet it has such strong appeal. I love the simplicity of some of my bird paintings. I think it is because that is what I see in birds. They are so beautifully detailed, and exceptionally lovely, that they require little in the way of extra to entrance a viewer. These are truly one of God's greatest gifts to the earth, and man.

As I sit in my studio today, and listen to the birds joyfully singing, it lifts my heart and spirit, makes me glad I am alive...makes me feel so alive, and I am grateful for His grace, and love, and for the wonderful day I have been blessed with.

Please visit my website, my blog, or my AIG and DPIAG galleries for other available works, and as always, enjoy your journey in life, my friend.

"Beauty is the gift of God." ~ Aristotle

"There is nothing that makes its way more directly into the soul than beauty." ~ Joseph Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by