Saturday, September 11, 2010

Orchid Painting by Deborah Boyet Artist

Wild Orchids I

Original 22x30 Watercolor on Paper

Giclee' 12x16 (edition size 150)

Original and Giclee'

I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the Marie Selby Botanical Garden in Sarasota Florida. What a beautiful place! There were hundreds of orchids in bloom and I was overwhelmed by their beauty. I love to paint white flowers as they reflect the colors that surround them, and the translucent petals have wonderful shadows. I hope you enjoy them, and thanks for stopping by!

"When speech comes from a quiet heart, it has the strengtht of the orchid, and the fragrance of rock. ~Stephen Mitchell, Four Watercolors by Tao-chi

1 comment:

  1. beautiful painting --I love the whites of the flowers against the texture and color of the back of the background. Great quote too. Wish your son a safe tour of Iraq - that a wonderful photograph!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by