Saturday, September 11, 2010

9-11 NEVER FORGET

I remember standing in a patient's room and looking up at the tv...at first I thought it was a movie, then I realized he was watching the news.  I was horrified, and rushed out to alert everyone on the floor.  Word quickly spread through the hospital and we all watched in horror and through tears as the story that would become one of America's worst tragedies. 
My son and I talked at great length and over many days, weeks, months and years, as the story, and fight began to unfold, and continued.
I am proud of my son who now serves the Army and has left this month on his second tour to Iraq.
This is a picture I took of him the day he graduated boot camp.  I felt pride, fear, joy, and saw a man, where a boy once stood.
I cannot even post this without those same tears from 9-11 and his graduation day coming to my eyes.

"United we stand, Divided we fall".   We need to remember this, especially now where we seem so divided on so many issues in this country.  We need to never forget that we are privleged to live in a free country, where we can speak our minds and live as individuals.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful son. Thank you for sharing your moving tribute and for raising a great son. How lucky we are indeed and for people like you and your son who make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by