Friday, September 17, 2010

Camelia Watercolor Painting-Work in Progress

Kalmia Gardens V - Work in Progress Watercolor 6x9 on paper Another in my Camellia floral paintings. I just love these beauties. They are roses for winter. Soft, beautiful, and resilient. They bloom when everything else is still sleeping under a winter blanket of cold.
I love being outside taking pictures. My cheeks and nose are cold, but the warmth of the sun, and these hopeful flowers remind me that rebirth of nature is just around the corner.
I am still in the process of laying in some of the leaves. After that us finished, I will go back and deepen shadows, add details and add a few washes. Some to push strong details back, others to unify an area. I love watercolor, and find it very forgiving. Even though my work is very detailed, watercolor allows me to loosen up, lay in colors and play with washes, floating, and dropping in colors. I enjoy watching the layers deepen, and strengthen the piece.
You can view other works for sale on my website or blog
Email me with questions or inquiries.
Enjoy your journey in life my friend.
Like A Beautiful Pink Camellia
Like a beautiful pink camellia that's how you appear to me
That bloom in chilly August on it's dark green mother tree
So bright and fresh and pretty in the wintery wind and rain
That's how you've always looked to me and that's how you will remain.
............
~Francis Duggan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by