Monday, September 27, 2010

Arches Watercolor Art Board by Deborah Boyet Artist

Grapes Watercolor Painting Work in Progress
on Arches Watercolor Board
I have found a new love! Watercolor Art boards. I am using Arches Coldpress board.
Here is a link with an interesting article about the boards on the Artists Network (The Artists Magazine, Pastel Journal, and Watercolor Artist). artistsnetwork.com Here is the link for information by the board manufacturer
I use a good quality two sided tape to secure the middle of the board to a painting board, and then tape the edges down as well with packing tape, or artists tape. Using the two sided tape down the middle prevents the center from starting to bow up.
I have always disliked stretching my watercolor paper. When I decide on a design, I don't want to wait for stretched paper to dry. Now, I simply draw my design, tape the board, and start painting.
It is slightly different than regular watercolor paper, but I enjoy how the board handles.

1 comment:

  1. Deborah, your paintings are as beautiful as you are. I feel your love for flowers. It is hard to pick one to comment on. They are all gorgeous. I noticed your grapes on AIG. What a different treatment of the subject. Beautiful colors,too. Thanks for your comments on my blog. We are almost neighbors . I live near Asheville. Silvia
    I love our group. Warm, friendly and talented.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by