Monday, September 20, 2010

Camelia Painting Completed by Artist Deborah Boyet

Kalmia Gardens V-Camellia
Watercolor 6x9 on paper
Original $200
Giclee' $40(edition size 150)
Original and Giclee'
This will be the last camellia painting for awhile. I still have many, many more photos calling for me, bringing back memories of chilly days spent in the gardens...maybe that is why I like to paint them in summer!
This camellia is one of my favorite varieties. The pinks are delicate, with multitudes of color in the shadows and sunlight areas. I love capturing the blues and corals that peek through.
Camellia buds are especially fun to paint. They have great curves, hints of colors that meld into other colors and those great curvy, jagged sienna, and umber lines that outline where each petal will emerge. And a camellia's leaves are interesting, with blue shadows and reflected colors.
I hope you enjoy stopping by the camellia garden.
You can view more camellia paintings in my AIG gallery, my website, or my blog.
Please email me with inquiries or questions
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your journey in life, my friend.
"The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size." ~Gertrude S. Wister

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by