Monday, October 25, 2010

International Artists Day - Wildlife Artist Robert Bateman Inspires Me by Deborah Boyet Artist

International Artist Day - I am celebrating the life and art of Internationally renowned wildlife artist Robert Bateman!
I am excited to participate in the celebration of International Artists Day. Every October 25th they celebrate artists around the world. As part of the AIG and DPIAG group we decided to pick the artist that has most inspired us. In my case that would be the world renowned wildlife artist Robert Bateman.
He is a wonderfully gifted artist, and here is my story. I had been a decorative artist for many years, as well as working a regular day job to support my family. While working for a t-shirt printing operation in 1992 I stumbled across a magazine I had never seen before. It was Wildlife Art News.
From the earliest time I remember I loved animals. My trips to the St. Louis Zoo were magical, and I lived for Mutual of Omahas Wild Kingdom on TV every week. I was enthralled, and wanted so much to be a part of that life, however I grew up in a practical family, with practical parents who had no time or interest in the whimsy of a little girl. I grew up believing that life was for someone else. So you can imagine my surprise, and excitement when I saw the magical paintings of so many wonderfully gifted artists in the magazine. I immediately suscribribed, and over the course of time one artist in particular stood out. That would be Robert Bateman.
His work is so realistic you feel like you can reach out and touch the animals, and the world in which they live. Every leaf, blade of grass, and field of snow can be felt. The animals are magically transported into my life. I read every article written on Mr. Bateman, and have been impressed as over the years he has given back so much to the world that he feels has given so much to him. He is very generous with his conservation work, and gifts of art, and is an active conservationist. I have never been fortunate enough to have studied with him, and as he is advancing in age, I fear I will never even have the chance to meet this larger than life person who has so inspired and changed my art. I do however collect the books that exhibit his art, and speak of his wonderful vision for changing how man perceives the gifts God has given for all to see and share.
So, on my first day of celebrating International Artists Day, my wish is to pass on to those around me the wonderful visions of wildlife artist Robert Bateman.
Please visit his website to view his work and conservation missions, and also stop by International Artists Day website as well.
On this special day, I hope you take time to stop and enjoy your journey in life my friend, and inspire the life of someone else as well.
Please visit my website, my blog, or my AIG and DPIAG galleries to view my available works of art....including wildlife art!
Please email me with inquiries or questions, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by