Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lotus Kanji - Work in Progress Update by Deborah Boyet Artist

Lotus Kanji
8x12 Watercolor
Work in Progress
This piece is close to being finished. I still need to add detail to a few petals, deepen some shadows for depth, and deepen a few background areas for effect. I have not decided if I will tint the Kanji "lotus". I am going to test it in Photoshop first. This piece will be offered for sale, as well as Giclee' prints.
I have a few other pieces started including a butterfly, before I can start on some of the photos from my trip. It is a shame we had a tight schedule traveling, and there was no time for plein air. I am thinking about taking a travel nurse contract in the NE next year so I can paint on location.
Thanks for stopping by. Please visit other works for sale on my website and my blog.
Please email me with inquiries or questons.
Take time to enjoy your journey in life, my friend.
"Walking above water like a fairy
Wearing a red hairpin
Fresh from a bathe in the Hua Quing pool
With a rosy cheek from drinking."
~ Caixing (Zhang Cuiying)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by