Thursday, October 7, 2010

Magnolia Watercolor Batik by Deborah Boyet Artist

Southern Beauty III
Watercolor Batik 14x18
Original $300
Open Edition Prints $20
Original or Open Edition
I love to paint watercolor batiks! They are magical, soft, yet they have an unsurpassed vibrance, due to the translucent rice paper. And the rice paper is so attractive with the fibers that absorb more of the color.

The beautiful white blooms of the magnolia are long gone, but there is one more attractive gift they leave behind. The buds are fibrous, and produce brilliant red seeds when they burst open, giving the magnolia exceptional beauty into the fall.

I hope you enjoy this rare view of a magnolia, and as always enjoy your journey my friend.

Please stop by my website, my blog, my AIG or DPIAG galleries to view other works for sale.

Please email me with inquiries, or questions.

"Every good painter paints what he is." ~Jackson Pollock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by