Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Washington DC Botanical Garden Photos by Deborah Boyet

DC Botanical Garden Flowers
We stopped in Washington DC on the way home from our New England fall trip. I was thrilled to see there were still roses in bloom, and they have an orchids area in the garden as well.
I am now home, household chores caught up, and I am in my studio this morning. I have a few paintings I am in the process of completing and a lot of photos to sort through and mark for painting. I love the Adobe Bridge program for rating my photos, and at a quick glance I can see which photos have been prioritized for painting. Bridge is worth taking a look at, as I can rate photos 1-5 stars and also add colored bars over the stars to mark them in categories, such as oils, watercolor, floral, still life, bird reference shots. When you open a folder you can tick the categories you wish to review, and only those photos will be seen.
I spend a lot of time reviewing photos, and I don't want to look through thousands of photos every time I want to paint. For example, I took close to 4000 photos just this trip. My Yellowstone trip added over 10,000! So you can imagine I have a lot of files, and using Bridge makes my choice much easier.
To view other work for sale, please visit my website galleries.
Email me with inquiries or questions.
"I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious." ~Diego Rivera
"At moments of great enthusiasm it seems to me that no one in the world has ever made something this beautiful and important." ~Andrew Wyeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by