Sunday, July 11, 2010

Camelia Painting by Artist Deborah Boyet

Winter Roses - Camelia
"Winter Roses" -Camelias Painting
Watercolor 8x12
Original $275
Giclee on Watercolor Paper $40 Edition size 150
Original or Giclee
"Flowers have spoken to me more than I can tell in written words. They are the hieroglyphics of angels, loved by all men for the beauty of their character, though few can decipher even fragments of their meaning. ~Lyndia M. Child This is the newest in a series of camelia I am painting. They are one of my favorite flowers as they are a welcome sight at the end of winter. When I see them bloom, I know spring is just around the corner.

These red camelia were particularly beautiful against the dark blue-green colors that surround them. We have a beautiful gardens close by (Kalmia Gardens) full of camelia and they carry over to the college grounds. There is usually still a little bite in the air, yet the sun has started to warm, and it is great to be outdoors soaking it in.

I have become a photography buff over the years and enjoy the challenges of finding great nature shots. Digital photography has so many advantages over traditional film, and I love seeing if my lighting is correct for the shot. But it has it's disadvantages as well. I have by necessity started teaching myself CS3 and will cover some of the great shortcuts I have learned that I think will help my fellow artists and photographers. I try to use the photos as a starting point, but it is great when I can input some of my vision into the photo or correct the photo closer to what I saw when I took the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by