Friday, July 9, 2010

New Journey - New Studio - Fresh Start!

Well I am finally taking the plunge. I have had my blog for a while now, but life has been hectic, and it just kept moving down on the "to do list". Guess it finally made it to the top! I am knee deep in learning so many new things (Photoshop CS3, Corel Painter, blogging stuff) and still trying to paint. Add to all of that a move, and studio/gallery addition and life just gets crazy. I missed most of my competitions this year. That is a sad thing, but the trade off is well worth it. A new studio/gallery! I can't wait to get in it! Lots of closet space, new cabinets and counters, and beautiful warm, neutral colors. I am even getting heated tile floors! My dogs and I will love that this winter. I am adding a piece of my original stained glass to my studio door to complete the look. I will post pictures soon on the progress. Anyway, I hope you will enjoy following me on my life-long journey in art and my love of nature and animals. I am sure there will be a tale or two of my mischievous fur-children Kaleigh and Madison, and my real ones as well. They are both grown and live halfway across the country. I miss them everyday. Please stop by often and see what is new on the easel. "All of life is a journey. Which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there. Author unknown Enjoy your journey friend.
Early Light -Marsh Wren
8 x 10 Watercolor on paper
Original $200 & Giclee $40 Edition Size 150
Original or Giclee'
One of my newest works in watercolors. This is a marsh wren, greeting the early gray morning with a chipper spirit. What lovely little birds they are....always striking a posing and taking on the world.
Other available works can be viewed on my website
Email me with inquiries or questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by