Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another Work in Progress!

A Mothers Love I - Oil  27 x 42  Work in Progress
My ADD has kicked in....again.  Oh well, why fight it.  I have learned that keeping several paintings (up to 5 at a time!) keeps me interested, and in a weird way, focused.
I love to paint, and find that working on multiple paintings actually helps me work through the blocks that come with figuring out a painting.  Anyway, this one was started and has progressed pretty well.  There are several things that bothered me about this, as I am a real detail nut.  The ears are slightly off on the mother, and the rest is just too unfinished to make any judgements yet.

I love wildlife, especially African species.  They are so wonderfully exotic in their beauty.  This is just another in my series of  "A Mothers Love".  I have multiple photos for sale, but this is the first painting.  It touches my heart when I see wild animals display moments of affection with their young.  I really live for those wildlife shots.  Mothers by nature, and as our gift from God, are nurturing.  This mother was nuzzling her baby, and had taken a brief moment to rest her head against the baby's neck and close her eyes.  It was so sweet to see.  Follow my progress as I continue to attempt to capture the sweet, soft moment in a baby's life.

This is a close-up view of the upper area of the mother.  It is pretty close to finished, but I need to progress the baby's face, before I add much more to the mother.  I love the blues and purples mixed into the white areas that enhance the orange-reds of the spots, and the black hairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by